Snow White & the Funny Bunny

I am starting this new project with my blog. For months now I have been trying to think of a clever way to show you what colors I have in my collection. The way I WANT to do it won’t happen mainly because i don’t have the knowledge to create it, nor do I have the time to learn. SO I have decided to swatch each color and review it and on my page titled, “My Growing Collection,” I will include a link to the post for reference. I figured the best way to tackle my collection is to start from one storage unit and work my way through that and on to the next one.

So first I have Funny Bunny by OPI. Now normally this would be a one polish kind of post but I do notice that a lot of people out there are trying to find out the difference between Funny Bunny and Alpine Snow. By first glance the look the same–white.

20120211-155157.jpg
But these colors couldn’t be more different. When you open Funny Bunny you will notice the consistency is almost like a slightly thinned out Elmer’s glue. Here is one coat of Funny Bunny.

20120211-160243.jpg
And here is one coat of Alpine Snow.

20120211-160325.jpg
Alpine Snow is more like white out. This reminds me of the days in elementary school when I actually used to use White Out on my nails during class. Ah memories. =)
Here is two coats of each polish. The first picture is of Funny Bunny and the second picture is Alpine Snow.

20120211-160604.jpg

20120211-160626.jpg
And a side by side picture with Funny Bunny on the left and Alpine Snow on the right.

20120211-161337.jpg

Fall into the V-Gap

I’ve been seeing V-gap manicures around the internet as a new fall trend. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, This is a V-gap manicure.

I did a really bad job on this manicure. I was kind of rushing to meet a couple of people at school, and this is what came out. There are more tutorials around the internet. I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I thought I did, so I spiced it up a little more. I did an “anti-parallel” V-gap.

The base color is OPI Funny Bunny topped with OPI Happy Anniversary.

Funny Bunny is a white jelly nail lacquer. It is very nice on the eyes. Sometimes Alpine Snow can be a little hard on the eyes for me, and it doesn’t compliment my skin very well.

Happy Anniversary is usually a sheer silver shimmer. Adding the white Funny Bunny base coat makes this lacquer more opaque, but soft on the eyes.

For the antiparallel V-gap, I taped off half of my nail with scotch tape like so.

Then choose any color you wish. I chose Essie Power Clutch

This color doesn’t quite show up right. It is not as dark as it appears. It is dark creamy gray, which is perfect for fall.

After the first side of your V-gap dries place tape on the opposite half in the opposite direction and paint over your nail again.

Here it is.

Very geometric =) What do you guys think?

Happy polishing!


Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

This past weekend was the 15th annual Susan G Komen race for the cure in my area.

Up to 75% of the affiliate’s income is donated toward funding grants for hospitals and community organizations that provide breast health education, breast cancer screenings, and treatment programs.  While the remaining 25% goes towards breast cancer research.

It was my first 5 k and it felt great to be a part of the thousands of participants and survivors in the fight against breast cancer. It was very moving to see the many survivors of breast cancer and it is definitely something I will do again.

In the spirit of the event, I did a quick manicure the night before. I won’t go into many details of this one because there isn’t any new technique. Here are the pictures.

OPI Teenage Dream

Funny Bunny, No Bees Please, Sparrow Me the Drama

OPI No Bees Please

If you’re looking for a very natural nude shade, this is a keeper. It’s very sheer with a very subtle shimmer in it.

OPI Silver Shatter on top of OPI Sparrow Me the Drama

If there is an event in your area I highly suggest participating to support the fight against breast cancer. Getting involved can help heighten awareness of the disease, improve treatment methods, and provide more breast health services to increase the survival rates of breast cancer patients. About 1.3 million individuals, men and women of all ages, are diagnosed with the disease each year. Help make a difference.

Happy polishing.