First things first, right? Before painting my nails I always give my cuticles a good look. What’s the point in painting your nails that cute color you’ve been eyeing if your hands look like “man hands?”
Alright. I’m a broke, UC graduate that doesn’t have money for the nail salon. When I was in school I would do a quick cuticle job and call it a day. Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I figure I would give my hands a little TLC for all the work they do. I literally just came from Walmart and I grabbed a few things to give myself a “semi-professional” manicure. Here are a few quick tips to a good manicure.
1. Always remove your old nail polish.
2. File nails in one direction, not back and forth. This helps to prevent peeling and splitting.
3. If you have time soak your hands in warm water. If the water is too hot, it will dry out your hands even more.
4. Cuticle remover is a must. Cuticle nippers can be too harsh and you may cut yourself which could lead to infection! (eek!)
5. Rinse your hands off and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
That’s it! Happy polishing!